Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Individualism

I have been reading this interesting book Awakening at Midlife by Kathleen Brehony.  It talks about and guides you through topics such as reviving your spirit, recreating your life and finding your truest self.  I am in the part of all theorist so have gotten bogged down by Carl Jung stuff but I did find this interesting concepts and quotes

establishing a sense of personal identity, developing a career, marrying/significant relationship, raising a family, contributing to society and leaving your family of origin all depend on your ego identity and a clear sense of I...

At midlife... the challenge changes...the process changes..

My question is what changes?  How do we go about seeking our individualism?  Are you afraid of the changes?







uncovering the real us?  
This is my attempts at scrapping and stripping the paint off of our bathroom wood work.. what was I ever thinking when I painted...I love the wood underneath...symbolic of my life?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... What changes .... All those goals are met (marriage, career success, kids, etc.) There are also the physical changes ... Yikes. Yeah, I am kind of afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I think all the possibilities are awesome to think about... I will be writing more about this journey...

      Delete