Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ahhh Inspiration...Sandy at the Rockaways

Interestingly, this topic has taken on a life of its own. 

Due to Hurricane Sandy I don't have to think too hard about what has inspired me this week.  My daughter uses social media to communicate and she uses it well.  When it all went silent the day after the hurricane hit I knew she was in a tough spot.  I knew that she was okay due to where she lives I wasn't too worried...but I still wanted to hear from her.  Finally I did...she was distraught...but she has friends...she had places to go...the next day she headed out looking around and began on her mission to help others...When her power was restored she immediately went and packed up some of her belongs to donate.  After that she contacted me to help her gather donations..which we are doing. 

Then...and this is where my heart fills with pride...today...she headed out to the Rockaways..the beach area of NYC..the area greatly hit by the Sandy...and where the big fire happened...She and some volunteers took charge of organizing the food distribution site.  She said they kicked butt and organized all the food...made a thousand sandwiches to distribute, bagged perishables and non perishables for pick-up. 

She said she took charge because there really wasn't anyone knowing what to do...How cool is that?  I know that when out on the Mission field things can be chaotic until you get a pattern or sense of what needs to be done...

So today...my inspiration for life and helping comes directly from my daughter....She rocks my life!



1 comment:

  1. What a proud mama you must be. Sounds like you have a great daughter.

    ReplyDelete